We are passionate about church membership because…
It is a biblical commandment: "and let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching."(Hebrews 10:24-25). Christian stability & strength result from fellowship.
It is worthy of your love: "Just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" (Ephesians 5:25). If you love the Lord Jesus Christ you will love to fellowship with His people.
It is public acknowledgment of your testimony: The word "church" is identified 95 times in the New Testament as the local "congregation." See Acts 11:25-26. It is through the church that you can best work for Christ.
Enjoying God & enjoying community
* In the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-16)
In one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, Mark 12:29)
* In the virgin birth of Christ, His atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension (Isaiah 7:14, Romans 8:34, Acts 1:10)
* In salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ (1 John 5:10, Romans 10:13-15)
In the baptism by immersion (Matthew 28:19)
* In divine healing through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross (Isaiah 53:4, Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-14)
* In the baptism of the Holy Spirit that manifests in the gifts of the Spirit for the church today (Acts 2:4, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 15:8-9, Acts 19:1-9, Romans 12:1-8, I Corinthians 12:7-11)
* In the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for every believer (Romans 8:15-18, Ephesians 1:13-14)
* In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit which enables a believer to live a holy life (Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:15-16)
* In the second coming of Jesus Christ (Acts 24:15, Luke 14:14, Revelation 19:7-9)
By applying for membership, you are submitting to the vision, purpose, and direction of Cornerstone.
As a volunteer at Cornerstone Church, I agree to abide by the following commitments:
* Follow all church policies regarding working in ministries with children & youth.
* Participate in training and education events provided by the church.
* Promptly report abusive or inappropriate behavior to a pastor.
* Inform a pastor if I have ever been convicted of child abuse.
Authorization & Request for Criminal Records Check
I hereby authorize Cornerstone Church to request a background check, which may include information regarding any record of charges or convictions contained in its files, or in any criminal file maintained on me, whether said file is a local, state, or national file, and including but not limited to accusations and convictions for crimes committed against minors, to the fullest extent permitted by state and federal law. I release said company from all liability that may result from any such disclosure made in response to this request.